Our book with Wiley on AI

Thanks, Nisha. Thanks for your kind words. I learned a lot from you, Wil and Michael. I enjoyed being your editor! I benefited greatly from ...

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

How Pinterest Built One of Silicon Valley’s Most Successful Algorithms


For the 50 million new users who join Pinterest each year, the sign-up process is the first taste of one of Silicon Valley’s most successful yet least scrutinized algorithms. The code that powers Pinterest’s home feed, search results, and notifications — determining what images and ideas users see at every turn — is similar in kind to that which underpins Facebook’s News Feed, YouTube’s recommendations, or TikTok’s For You page. It’s the core product of a $15 billion company that successfully went public this year — the only one among a stock of tech unicorns like Uber, Lyft, and Slack whose stock has consistently traded above its IPO price.


https://onezero.medium.com/how-pinterest-built-one-of-silicon-valleys-most-successful-algorithms-9101afdfd0dd