More often than not we are obsessed with few or many larger than life leaders. We have read about them in books, watched them on television, or movies. So the understanding that we develop is to always follow leaders who are big, made a name for themselves and would be rare to find or even meet them. I call this a flawed understanding of leadership. It is more the qualities than the person. In a flawed leadership context we ignore the commitment value of our father, selfless qualities of our mother, mentorship qualities of our uncles, inspiring qualities of our childhood buddies and perhaps those great leadership qualities with which many of our great leaders are made. My advice to many aspiring leaders would be to carefully seek out these qualities in men and women who come across to you in your every day lives. They will perhaps be in a better position to teach and educate you on leadership skills and make you a better leader than anybody else......Now, let me start sharing with you my leadership list.....believe me it is a long one...
It starts with my
mom... courage
dad.....honesty and integrity
granddad.... determination
grandmom....who taught me the power of love...
my uncle.."Pinumama" who taught me how to take on the world...the power to communicate
my aunt.....the power to dream.....
my head master.... how to inspire......
my sister......... power to cheer and enthuse everytime I think I fell....
my wife.......unfailing support and encouragement
my two year old son......the power of hope.....the power of change......
and then my whole host of friends and buddies......who keep screaming and making me belive
It starts with my
mom... courage
dad.....honesty and integrity
granddad.... determination
grandmom....who taught me the power of love...
my uncle.."Pinumama" who taught me how to take on the world...the power to communicate
my aunt.....the power to dream.....
my head master.... how to inspire......
my sister......... power to cheer and enthuse everytime I think I fell....
my wife.......unfailing support and encouragement
my two year old son......the power of hope.....the power of change......
and then my whole host of friends and buddies......who keep screaming and making me belive
" dreaming big is everything in life...so do not give up"........I continue to learn leadership qualities from them.....and trust me it is an enriching journey.