Our book with Wiley on AI

Thanks, Nisha. Thanks for your kind words. I learned a lot from you, Wil and Michael. I enjoyed being your editor! I benefited greatly from ...

Friday, August 23, 2013

Dignity of women n India- Ideas beyond police and politics

Okay. Protest is a simple good way to plead action. We have been doing it for some time. Delhi gang rape, anti-corruption law etc. 20, 000 odd educated crowd comes out on the road and lot of media attention and so on. In the end the result is same. Government and its affiliate institutions give some explanation on how all this will be handled in future.

There could be smarter ways out there to go beyond protesting for all the educated, law abiding, busy , sorry very busy people like you and me. May be we are not thinking hard enough. Much worse not intelligent enough. I am not as frustrated with police and politics as much as I am about myself and may be other very educated decent, office going crowd and managers of some again fortune 500 type of companies which are very profitable and have shown excellence in all aspects and in competition with some of the world's best companies. What is the use, if we are working hard to build something so great, but our people are unsafe !!!

Hey that's not my job? I pay taxes for taking care of those issues?

Okay, I agree. but who have you put to take care of these issues? Wrong people, wrong structures and old organizations. Trust me, i have worked with some of the best companies in the world. it is often easier to start from scratch.. can't we fund, get organied better to push action such as  may be anti-corruption law or pushing police for action in better ways?? How? How?

If we think through there could be 1000 ways. again i go and take example of Linux. If we 1000 people pay 1000 each, may be we could hire Ramjeth Mulani( I wanted to say a great lawyer) to fight case for the gang-rape victim. Will it not push the case better? fatser? This is just one way..

Can we not build an app that can help us get organized, and fund such activities faster and more effectively?

Can we discuss theses please? and get organized??? I am not against protest, but it does not hurt anyone so i do not see why just some one be willing to act because one or one thousand are protesting??