Our book with Wiley on AI

Thanks, Nisha. Thanks for your kind words. I learned a lot from you, Wil and Michael. I enjoyed being your editor! I benefited greatly from ...

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Is universe part of me?

Ekhart said being,
Brahman said, Vedantin, 
World a will, mere an idea - said Schopenhauer, 
Bull inside you said kakuan, Tao said Lao?
Harder you try to catch it in the realm of known
Farther is it evades to be perceived.. What knowing is this 
Which is neither known nor unknown?
Am I part of the universe or universe a part of me?
Is body made of mind or mind made of body?
Is the reality basis of my existence first,
Or my presence the basis of the reality? Or all this
Ah! a mere confusion of the language?
What about science and reasoning?
Science must be true, lets be mathematical,
So said French philosopher, brought cogito,
and finally had to bring God to remove
Persisting doubt about one’s own existence..
Between certainty and uncertainty it flits–
And flows between reality and illusion
Emotion reasons and reason emotes..
Is reality as much an illusion believed,
An idea wrongly perceived?